Sunday 29 November 2015

Colour me unimpressed

Today I just have a simple swatch for you. It's something I have owned for years and have worn before, but have never swatched. This is Milani Chocolate Sprinkles, which came out way back in 2012 and was a CVS exclusive.

Chocolate sprinkles is a rich dark chocolate brown, with golden shimmer and flashes of green and pink. And application was 3 coats(but you could get away with 2) and the formula is super easy to work with. Now don't get me wrong this is a nice polish, but it just doesn't do anything for me. I think I fell for the polish because it photographs so well(I would love it if it looked like my photo). I never even saw it in person before receiving it, I just asked my mother to pick it up when she was in the States. When I finally put it on my nails it all just kind of fell flat. It's so much more lively in photographs.

It's rare that I hate a polish, so even ones I don't love get used up. A polish like this would fall under the "I have no idea what polish to wear" and the "I need something nice, and non offensive" polish.

Any polish(or makeup in general) you fell for that then left you unimpressed?


5 comments:

  1. I hate it when that happens. It especially happens with darker polishes for me - they often look really nice on pictures and when I put them on the nails all the details and shimmer disappear. It's so disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same about this one - looked so amazing in the bottle but just meh when I swatched it. It might make a good jelly franken though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some times you do need these colours that you're not crazy about, it does photograph well though. Orly's Royal Velvet was such a dissappointment for me. A pretty colout, but you just couldn't easily build it up to a level of opacity that would be considered decent.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...