Monday 12 October 2015

With Her Head Tucked Underneath Her Arm

Anyone who knows anything about me knows I love my boy bands, and I love history. There's a few areas of history that interest me, my two biggest being WWII and the Tudor era. I don't know why, but those two areas fascinate me. I have even considered going back to school and studying History last year, and went as far as applying. I only applied to one school(One of the University of London's Colleges), and I got in, but in the end I realised it wasn't for me. At least at the moment, never say never.

So today I have something to honour one of the things I love the most. History. Now I wasn't going to do a WWII manicure, because honestly there is nothing you can do that is ok. So I went with Anne Boleyn. When the people at Lady Queen asked me to choose a few things to review I knew instantly when I saw the crowns that I wanted... no needed, to do something Tudor related.

So the crowns come in a pack of around 50, and if you go to the page that the crowns are on, you can see that you also have the option of other designs(Stars, frames, etc.). The first thing I should tell you is, they are gold, a pale gold, but gold none the less. In my photo they are leaning less gold then they do in real life. They are kind of hard to lie flat because they are quite stiff, but they hold well when stuck to the nail and then topped with top coat. They aren't that big, so even with the edges off the nail I didn't find it a bother. But this would be one of those things I have to slap on after getting ready to go out if I'm doing my hair. Things that are flat on my nails have a tendency to fall off when washing my hair. This wouldn't stand a chance.

Overall I liked these a lot. Easy to apply, they stay on despite not laying flat on the nail, and they are super pretty. These can be used in so many different designs!  If you would like to give this a go head on over here, where you can get them for $4.75 USD, and on top of that shipping is free AND you can use Varnished Valkyrie's 15% discount code 'LAKS15'.

Ps. The B is from Anne's necklace, and the dripping blood is from...well if you don't know her story, I don't want to give away any spoilers :P



*Product sent for honest review.


2 comments:

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...