Thursday 30 October 2014

A-Z Challenge - Angles: Zombie Stitching

For the first time ever I'm going to try and do a challenge. One of the reasons I have never attempted one before is because a lot of them involve posting a manicure every day or even a few times a week. Which is something I can't guarantee seeing as (let's be real) I'm a little all over the place when it comes to posting. So the challenge I am doing is the A-Z Challenge. It is once a week(aka something I can stick to) and each week the prompts are the next letter of the alphabet. Today we have Angles.

I had actually decided last week that all my post this week would be Halloween related. So when I was trying to come up with an idea I went back in time(literally) and decided this would be the perfect time to redeem myself and recreate something I did almost 2 years ago to the day.

I guess you would call this Zombie stitching. The original version I did was shameful. I know it was two years ago, but even back then I knew that the original was a big flop. The current one is leaps and bounds better!

I started off with a base of Essie's Sew Psyched(just like in my original), then I did all the places the flesh was separating in red acrylic paint, followed by the stitches is black acrylic paint. Then I topped it off with Born Pretty's matte topcoat, and finished by going over the wounds with Cult Nails Quench to give it more of a wet blood look.

So tell me what you think of my recreation! And while you are at it go tell the other people participating in the challenge how much you love their manicures!

Here is the original from 2 years ago. *facepalm*

7 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so awesome. And horrible. But mostly awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! I don't think the original was that bad but this is fabby stitching and the colour is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need for facepalm for the 2 year old mani, it was just leeding a bit more LOL
    Love it - it's so gruesome and cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how we grow :D I look at my nail art and I'm like "let's not show anyone these lol" but you know at the time I was so damn proud of them so in the end I'm like yea that's mine and I rocked lol. I love this gnarly mani both times

    ReplyDelete
  5. The original may have been improved upon but I actually like the style better. The pointed nails are cool now!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...