Friday 7 February 2014

Literary Lacquers As The Waltz Was Ending + Love You Forever: I can't angry blog.

This post was actually originally written yesterday, and the whole thing started out as a rant at something I was mad about.  Now I generally love sharing with you guys stuff about me, but when I read it over it was not only did a write something that came off as VERY angry.  It came off something personal that I didn't want to tell someone, but I still wanted them to find out about.  Subsequently it made writing the actual review near impossible, because I just wasn't in the right head space.  So I had to step away and come back to this.  I didn't want to write a sub par review because of things that had nothing to do with it.  So lesson learnt, I can't and wont blog angry.
Jacquie
Jacquie
Jacquie

Today I have 2 polishes for you.  Both Literary Lacquers, and both from the community collection.

First up I have As The Waltz Was Ending, created by Lacey from My Boyfriend Hates Makeup.  And is inspired by one of her favourite books As the Waltz Was Ending by Emma MacAlik Butterworth. "An autobiographical account of a young girl whose ballet career with the Vienna State Opera was interrupted by the invasion of the Nazis and who later had to fight for her life during the Russian occupation."  To check out why Lacy chose this book go here.

ATWWE is a pink-purple liner holo.  And I'll be honest with you, it was so hard to photograph.  It always came out more purple than pink.  But the shots I did end up with are very close.  I used 3 coats and the formula was typical of a Literary Lacquer holo...  Perfect.

Sunlight
 Indoor FLASH *AH-HA*

Next up I have my favourite of the four polishes from this collection I have reviewed called Love You Forever.  It was created by Crisdee and her daughter Keera, and was inspired by the Robert Munsch children's book Love You Forever. "It tells the story of the evolving relationship between a boy and his mother."  If you would like to see the full story behind why they chose this book check it out here.

Love You Forever is a sky blue linear polish.  And man oh man is it beautiful.  Again like ATWWE, I used 3 coats and the formula was perfect.


Overall I love Literary Lacquers holo polishes.  They aren't super holo indoors, but they come to life in sunlight.  And while they may not be super holo indoors, that's ok with me, because the colours are all so beautiful.  Even when you can't see the holo in full effect, the colour itself can stand on it's own.

If you would like a bottle of one of these, or any other Literary Lacquer, head on over to the LL etsy page!  The bottles retail for $10 USD each.

Do you own any Literary Lacquer holo's?  Aren't they amazing???

*Products sent for honest review

4 comments:

  1. I don't have Literary Lacquer holo's, but I do like them very much! Both amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the purple holo is simply stunning!

    xo Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both look amazing, especially the purple one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous both! <3

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...