Wednesday 27 November 2013

Nail Polish Canada Nail Art Challenge. Week 1 - Snow: When all else fails, do a Doctor Who manicure

When I was invited to do Nail Polish Canada's nail art challenge I thought "Why not?"  Normally I don't do things like these because I loose interest quickly.  But since this is once a week for 3 weeks, I think I can do it.

This week's theme is 'Snow'.  Now I know what you are thinking.  And no they don't mean Snow, the Canadian reggae sensation.  They mean solid water that is 0° or less.  As we all know by now I hate snow, it's cold and it tastes funny.   I was less than inspired.  So I thought maybe I could connect something I liked to snow.  So I thought Doctor Who ---> Snowmen made from telepathic snow!  Perfect.   Although it is kind of funny because I actually am not of fan of the episode they were in(The Snowmen).  Thought it could have been better for a Christmas episode.  Hopefully this year will be more exciting with 11 regenerating.

To do this mani I started with a base of Butter London Big Smoke.  The rest was done using China Glaze Glittering Garland, Fairy Dust, and White Ice.  Along with a white Wet n Wild(Cant find a name), Essie Pretty Edgy and acrylic paint for the Snowman's teeth.

If you like this mani.  Head on over to Nail Polish Canada and vote for me here(Yup it's a challenge where you can win things.)  Just scroll down the drop down box till you reach varnishedvalkyrie.blogspot.ca.

Is there snow where you are?




9 comments:

  1. Cute & way scaaary! LOL I don't watch Dr.Who, but I keep trying to start when marathons are on TV. I think maybe I've seen a total of 4 full episodes. Oh well! I love your unique snow theme inspiration. Oh! And it snowing a like muttha here in my neck of the woods :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like snow either, and fortunately we haven't had any snow here yet - *touches wood*!
    I absolutely love your snowman!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. EPIC!! i still havent seen this one! i am lacking the entire knowledge of season 7!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No snow here either - and that's fine for now :)
    Your mani is absolutely gorgeous, I love it snow much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it. They are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. subway murat professed continuance Fianna sverdlin eagle barrowclough Supriya
    Jeux de beauté

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's perfect, I love the winter scenery! :-) No snow for now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks amazing! No snow in Ukraine yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i actually like the taste of snow, especially fresh with some sugar. and yes i'm 100% serious.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...