Monday 29 July 2013

Police Nails - I'm done with Google adventures

This seemed like the natural progression of things.

The base is a perfect police blue, the he police tape is acrylic paint and a rollerball pen, and the hand cuffs are Orly Platinum Blush.  I actually had a hard time figuring out what to put on my thumb.  I started looking up "Things police carry with them" online as I wanted to put some thing a bit different on my thumb.  Everything I found I either ended up not wanting on my nails or it was just something I didn't feel I could draw.  That lead me to look up "What CSI carry around", but then I had to look things up specifically.  Originally when I put CSI in any form in my photo searches I mainly got promo for the TV show.  Now the thing is when you look up individual CSI items you start getting actual crime scene photos. So after 1 dead body I was done. FINALLY I gave up and tried to paint tiny handcuffs on a piece of paper.  I failed epically, went back to Google and searched handcuff nails where I found this.  Much easier then the more realistic looking cuffs I was trying to do :P

Anyways the moral of the story is my nails are pretty and the internet is sometimes filled with the things nightmares are made of... :D



12 comments:

  1. Ah, this is such a great mani! You added such great details -- love the police tape and the handcuffs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh i LOVE this!! its perfect,so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha!!! who knew nail art inspiration would lead to dead bodies, right? these look awesome! i dont know what made you want to do them, but i'm glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! Some things can be so impossible tho find in a search. Just a small lesson I learned...never use the word Asian in any search, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So well made, I'm impressed by the handcuffs, I'd never be able to make them look that much alike :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this mani too - it both fun and well painted :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your design is fabulous! I love the design and that blue is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious story! The Internet can be so useless sometimes. Love the mani!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this design is great! It is a perfect match for a Police Woman costume for Halloween.

    I actually included your nail art design into my Halloween Nails Art Guide that you can find here: http://stylesprinter.com/ultimate-halloween-nails-guide/

    I hope you don't mind ;)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...