Tuesday 24 July 2012

Sinful Colors Espresso + Coke nails + Nail Fail

So I love Sinful Colors Espresso.  Seriously.  It's such a classy, rich colour. *drools*.

It's a gorgeous brown shimmer with red undertones. I used 3 easy coats although I could have gotten away with 2. It was a TAD on the thin side.  Not seriously, but I know for next time.  Some of the photos might make it look a bit brush strokey but in person they aren't noticeable.

Next I decided to keep on the Espresso and use them for Coke nails.  As you all probably know I love Coke.  But over the years it's become more costly. I sometimes buy it off the street.   Well it depends on the street.  You can't get Coke off every street corner.   Some don't have vending machines... See what I did there? Yup.  Anyways truth be told I rarely drink pop. It's kinda horrific for your insides.

Anyways for this I used the Espresso, then a coat of some OLD Wet n Wild gold glitter with no name. Followed by sponging on a mixture of Claire's Snowball and OPI's Over The Taupe. Then on top of then I put those clear microbeads to look like bubbles rising to the surface.  Then I shook a bottle of my Sally Hansen Quick dry top coat and put it on top so it would make extra real tiny bubbles.  Followed up with Seche Vite that was a bit thick.  I shook that bottle too. Finally another coat of the SH topcoat.  It looks pretty cool for an experiment if I do say so myself!

Finally I did watermelons on my right hand.  You would think they would be easy.  But I somehow managed to ruin them. They stink.  But I will still show them to you.




 With Flash
 Coke nails
Don't even look at this for more than a second.

14 comments:

  1. Coke nails look amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coke nails are awesome! What a great idea! Your watermelons are cute too, relax =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. while you may not like them, I happen to love the watermelon nails :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Coke nails are brilliant idea and I don't understand why you think the watermelons are nail fail? They look pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's pretty much the seeds that ruin it for me. Some of them look like seeds others like inconsistent blobs. I know seeds are never the same but they all have that shape. That look. I'm strange like that :P

      Delete
  5. Those are both really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks for this and the aggressive txt telling me the watermelon was adorable!

      Delete
  6. I love the watermelons! And the coke nails are awesome too - such a cute idea :) You really had me going with the paragraph about how much you love coke too... x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHOA those Coke nails are awesome! I like how they're all standing upright like proper little glasses of Coke. Adorable! Question: how did you solve the gravity problem? Like, if you turn them upside down wouldn't they all spill? Does this become quite messy when typing on your keyboard?

    :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but my keyboard is already jacked up from all the polish I spill on it so a tiny bit of nail coke only produces small, non lethal sparks.

      Delete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...